Now that I am pushing fifty, I thought it was time to share a lighthearted look at my forties. I would love to hear your input, feel free to comment at the end of this post.
- Buy tweezers and a small compact mirror – Hair growth happens in unusual places seemingly appearing overnight. The chin is especially vulnerable. Before you notice, it will be at least an inch long before you pluck it. This does not apply to the hair on your head, since that will start to thin and collect on the bottom of the shower drain. I’ve tried all the special shampoos to no avail. Let me know if you find anything that works?
- You’ll need a magnifying glass– Suddenly it becomes almost impossible to read small print. You’ll blame it on the low lighting at restaurants as you squint to read the menu. Time for a stronger set of glasses..
- Pee Happens – Run, sneeze, or laugh… The one thing you can count on is pee. Get used to wearing feminine product everyday and worrying about how much worse it will become. You may even check with your doctor for a solution or just live with it…
- The Double D- I remember in my twenties and thirties wishing I could wear a larger bra size.. Funny thing happens in your forties, all of a sudden they start to grow, sag and become generally uncomfortable.
- You become more opinionated – Why not.. You’ve seen a lot and been through a lot in your life. You know bullshit when you hear it and you no longer have any hesitation about calling it out when you do.
- Sex is better! – You have become comfortable with your body and you know what you like. You’re not afraid to ask for what you want and you’ve finally figured out what makes your partner tick.
- Someone young enough to be your child will hit on you – Just refer back to the previous observation and you’ll know why..
- Freedom– There’s a good chance that the nest will be empty in your forties. Oh yes you’ll be sad at first, until you realize what you have been missing. Embrace ME TIME and focus on your own goals. It’s time to get out and have fun…
- I’m No Angel – Could have fooled me based upon the wings I have developed under my arms.
- Looking back– Hopefully you will stop judging your looks and appearance. You’ll be more accepting of who you are. After all, women have been doing this to themselves for years. By time you’re in your forties, you realize it’s not getting any better than this.
- Where’s my meds – Prescription medications start to add up, a pill for this and one for that. Before you realize it you now have a granny box to separate all your medications. At some point in your forties, you will write down all your meds having them handy in case you find yourself in the emergency room.
- Mammograms- Don’t let friends over dramatize their experiences with mammograms. They don’t hurt and may just save your life. This is a must in your forties and where the humor ends. We women have spent our lives caring for others and will continue to do so through our entire existence. It’s time to now take care of yourself. If you’re reading this and it’s time to schedule your mammogram… Do It Now…
Let me know what you think. I still have 2 years left before I move into my fifties. I’d love to hear your lighthearted stories about your forties. Lets have some fun ladies,,,